Friday, November 16, 2012

Don’t write me off as a singer – Tonto Dikeh


Tonto Dikeh
As a result of the avalanche of criticism that greeted her recent foray into music, one of Nollywood’s big guns, Tonto Dikeh, appears resolved to give singing her best shot.
Some music pundits and artistes had expected her to hang her microphone and focus on her acting career, but the graduate of petrochemical engineering from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Nkpolu, will not be deterred.
She says, “Criticism is good. Only a person that does not want to get better in her profession would not want to be criticised. But what I don’t like is personal or destructive criticism. I’ve not said I’m a perfect singer, I’m not. My critics should be patient with me. Don’t write me off. I will get better with time, I am a fast learner.”
On why her song became a heated debate among music enthusiasts, she smiled and said, “I believe in exploring all my God-given talents. I ventured into music because I wanted millions of people to listen to my songs and so far, so good. The feedback has been encouraging; not as bad as some said.”
Incidentally, Dikeh’s songs Itz Ova and High recorded over three million online downloads within its 24 hours of release. She described it as a big feat and attributed it to her loyal fans.
“I am encouraged by the comments of the beautiful people out there. I will get better, trust me,” Dikeh added.

No comments:

Post a Comment