Friday, November 2, 2012

Alex Usifo blasts govt over insincerity.


Nollywood Actor,  Alex Usifo, has accused government of insincerity with its policies as regards the welfare of Nigerians.
He made this assertion during his conferment with the award of excellence in artistic creativity by the Achievers International University and Seminary, Spain at  its bi-annual international summit and award held in Festac, Lagos last weekend.
*Alex Usifo
He stated that he had never depended on government because of  its inability to fulfill whatever promises it makes to its citizenry.
According to him: “I do not believe that the government is sincere with all they say.  All my life I have never depended on government,  for instance government did not play any part  in bringing me to this level.  I have never really bothered to know what the government is doing.  I only know they make political promises.
“To me , I see awards as when you are being acknowledged. I also feel challenged to do better. It is an opportunity for me to also extend hand of friendship, especially to those who want to be part of Nollywood to actualize their potentials.
“I was a major seminarian. I was supposed to be a catholic priest. But I  didn’t wait to be ordained. But attended SS Peter and Paul major seminary, Bodija, Ibadan. I read Philosophy and logic, and Theology.”

No comments:

Post a Comment